This can be caused by the battery pack not making good and proper contact with the scooter.
Battery pack inspection and installation
- Remove battery pack, carefully turn upside down and inspect pins or contact plates to make sure they’re clean and free of debris, paper, etc.
- Inspect matching connectors on scooter deck to make sure they’re also free of debris.
- Drive Medical Scouts only- If the scooter model has metal spring connectors rather than pin sockets, make sure the springs are not bent out of shape and are positioned to make proper contact with the battery pack when it’s put into place.
Battery pack installation
- Battery packs with pin connectors should be lowered straight down onto scooter deck to ensure best connection
- Drive Medical Scouts only- Battery packs with metal spring connectors should be installed as follows:
Place the front edge of the battery pack (where the charging socket is) onto the scooter deck first. Then, lower the back edge of the battery pack into place. You’re essentially “hooking” the battery pack onto the deck.