If the key fob does not cause the scooter to fold/unfold even though the rocker switch on the scooter does properly fold/unfold it, we can presume there's a problem with the key fob or the radio receiver for the key fob located on the scooter. Here are the steps to troubleshoot it:
- Check and as necessary, replace the battery in the key fob. If that doesn’t solve the problem, Try re-synced the key fob to the scooter or if the key fob is replaced it will need to be resynced with the scooter as follows:
Depending on the serial of the scooter, the key fob may pair with the scooter one of two ways. For scooters with serial numbers of 24S2112000001 and above:
- With a fully charged battery, turn on the scooter
- Press the left side of the manual fold button on the scooter and hold for about nine seconds until the scooter generates long chirps.
- Press both buttons on the remote at the same time.
- Press the right side of the manual fold button on the scooter twice. The scooter will fold automatically.
Test the remote key fob for proper operation
If the serial number of the scooter is before 24S2112000001:
- With a fully charged battery, turn the scooter on.
- Lay the scooter on its side to expose the mechanism beneath.
- Locate the long box with the small pencil-eraser type button on its end. This is the wireless receiver. (See picture below)
- Press the button on the receiver. The box will chirp four times.
- Press and hold the “A” button on the key fob until the wireless receiver on the scooter chrips again three times. Then, release the button.
Test the remote key fob for proper operation.
ZooMe Auto flex radio receiver with button